Want to earn free iTunes/Google Play Gift Cards? You can earn free Gift Cards to buy Boosters/Gas/Gold/Radios just by installing apps and watching ads on your device! Clicking the link below will give both of us a nice bonus reward!
- Hero Tokens are specific to each Hero; Daryl Tokens can only be used on Daryl, Glenn Tokens only on Glenn, etc.
- Unlocking a Hero does not require a free Survivor Slot, you will get an additional Survivor Slot for free when you unlock the Hero.
- Each Hero has a “Leader Trait” that is unique to them.
- Placing a Hero in the first Survivor Slot (the slot on the far left) for a mission allows the Hero Trait to be used by ALL Survivors in the Mission.
- If the Hero isn’t in the Leader Position, the Hero Trait is INACTIVE for ALL SURVIVORS, including the Hero.
- If you don’t have the Survivor Class Unlocked for a specific Hero (example: Assault), but get enough tokens to unlock a Hero of that class (example: Abraham/Rosita/Rufus), you will be able to unlock and use that Hero even though you have yet to unlock that Class.
- Heroes unlock at the same level as your highest Survivor, or the highest level trainable in your Training Ground building. So, if you have a level 15 Survivor, the Hero you unlock should also be level 15, or if you can train level 20 Survivors in your Training Ground, then the Hero will unlock at level 20.
- To view your Heroes and how many Tokens you need to unlock each Hero, click “Survivors” on the left side of your main/camp screen. From there, click the “Flag” icon to take you to all your Heroes.
Hero Drop Rates:
Here are the approximate percentages that the community has found the following Heroes in Radio Calls (and from Challenge Token Crates). These can change any time, and especially after a new Hero is introduced. Please note that these are the drop rates for WHEN YOU GET A HERO CHOICE IN A CALL (or from Token Crates in challenges). Hero “choices” happen about 10% of all choices in 15x Radio Calls, 8% in 5x Radio Calls and 5% in 1x Radio Calls.
- Glenn: 13-14%
- Dwight/Jesus/Rosita/Tara: 9-10%
- Abraham/Daryl/Eugene/Maggie/Morgan/Sasha: 5-6%
- Carol/Ezekiel/Negan/Rick/Rufus: 2-3%
- Carl/Michonne: 1-2%
Notes about the images below:
- The Traits are color coded to show when they unlock:
- White = Uncommon
- Green = Rare
- Blue = Epic
- Yellow = Legendary
- Abraham is a very useful Hero for people who like to use a lot of Ranged Survivor teams. With Defensive Stance and Iron Skin, Abraham is a great “meat shield” that will help reduce damage on attacks from Walkers so you can potentially earn more Stars in challenges.
- Although very hard to obtain, Carl can be useful in high level Challenge missions to help you get the 1-Star you need to pass a map and perhaps complete a Round.
- Carol’s Leader Trait should apply to every class of Survivor, so she can be pretty useful, especially on an all Scout team with Threat Reduction.
- Daryl’s retaliate trait is very nice on a Hunter, and he can be quite useful since he can be upgraded to useable levels quicker than most other Heroes.
- Dwight will be used a lot in Outpost Defense, especially when people start getting him to Legendary. I will still focus more on Sasha against high level Armored and Tanks since I’d rather have the chance at faster Charged attacks than a little more damage.
- So, if you have a Survivor without the Retaliate Trait, the % listed for Ezekiel’s leader trait is the % of your Survivor’s base damage they will deal. For Survivors with Retaliate already, this % should stack.
…image and more info coming soon…
The Governor’s Hero Trait adds a percentage to the XP/Supplies you get in crates after missions. It also gives a chance to increase the level (not rarity) of equipment in those post mission crates by one level.
Jesus (Paul Monroe)
- I use Maggie on most of my Raids and Scavenge Missions, and also on early Challenge missions. The extra XP she gets you really adds up over time.
- I will work on finding out Merle’s Leader trait values for other levels, but it will probably be a while for the high levels!
- Michonne’s Leader Trait is amazing, the only problem is that she is a Warrior, and most players don’t use Warriors very much on tough missions. Hopefully she will be better now that Warriors have been buffed a bit in April 2017.
Morgan could make a nice “meat shield” with Defensive Stance, Iron Skin, and the increased Health of a Bruiser.
- “Low on Health” means when your Survivor is in their “red” health bar. So either after surviving a struggle with a Walker, or when fighting Freemen.
Many people use Rosita on certain maps where you don’t attack multiple Walkers. Personally, I use Abraham over her since the increased damage from Rosita on single walkers isn’t that much, plus Abraham gives extra health to your ranged survivors and he is more capable of taking a few attacks from walkers. However, if you are using melee Survivors (Scouts/Bruisers/Warriors), then Rosita becomes much more useful.
Rufus is a “Hero” designed by Chris Hardwick and given away for free the night of Episode 7 of Season 7. He came with a special “grenade” type weapon called The Reckoning.
- Sasha is an AMAZING hero for tough Challenge Missions! Since you will be getting many body shots at those levels, Sasha will help you get your Charged Attack quicker. Pair that with Destructive Weapon Trait, and you have a better chance at succeeding in high level Challenge Missions.
- If a Survivor becomes Bruised/Injured, and are healed, they will still show as Bruised/Injured after the mission, and will still go to the Hospital. Also, you will not regain Stars from Challenge Missions.
- If your Survivor’s Health goes from the “Green Health Bar” to the “Red Health Bar,” the Survivor can’t be healed back into the “Green Health Bar.”
We have seen Father Gabriel in the Season 7 missions, and there is one more Hero that has yet to be revealed. Stay tuned for all the info once NG announces who it is…