- If you don’t want to participate in Raids, build your Outpost and Walker Pit, but DON’T set up the defense for your Outpost. This will allow you to:
- Collect Trade Goods from the Outpost Building so you can buy Trade Good Crates (or upgrade Walkers in your Pit)
- Get 3 free Survivor Slots and some free Survivors you can retire for some Class Tokens.
- You may not want to spend any Trade Goods on the Walkers in your Walker Pit. They do very little to help protect your Outpost, and you can spend those Trade Goods on other stuff. If you do want to upgrade your Walkers, then….
- Do not use your Trade Goods to increase the # of Walkers in your Walker Pit at first. Instead, fully upgrade the levels of your Walkers before increasing the # of Walkers.
- If you aren’t trying to climb the Outpost Influence Leaderboards, then don’t worry about trying to kill the Human Defenders for Influence. This will lead to hospital time for your Survivors. Instead….
- ONLY GO FOR TRADE GOODS WHEN YOU RAID!! Again, if you are competitive on the Leaderboards, then do what you want. But, if you are only trying to get Trade Goods to buy stuff, then don’t worry about engaging the Defenders. Grab the Trade Good Crate on the same turn you open the Gate (if you can), and then “Complete” the mission. You will not lose anything by “Completing” the mission; you still get the Trade Goods, the XP from kills, and your Survivors stay out of the hospital so you can keep playing with them.
- USE SCOUTS & ASSAULTS ON RAIDS!!! Scouts can run farther than other classes, so they can be very useful in getting Trade Goods. When a Defender gets in the way, you can try to stun them with a charged Assault attack.
- Try to stay above 3,000 Influence if you can. Sometimes there are special options in the Trade Good Store that are only available for those with 3,000+ Influence.
For more info on Outposts, check out the Outposts section of the site.