**Note that Archives has been swapped with Shelves for the week of 3/21/18 since Archives was in the previous week’s set of maps.
Here is some information (and a few tips and strategies) for the Slaughterhouse Challenge. Use this information, try some of these strategies if you want, or develop your own and see what works best. Using your best Survivors will usually give you the best chance at earning more stars, so work with what you have!!
- Some other info…
- Please check any spawn blocks that you use on the easier missions to make sure NG hasn’t made them useless!
- BEWARE!!! When you get to the 2nd or 3rd repeating round in a level of difficulty, you may see an extra Tank/Armored Walker on the map, and you may get Tanks/Armored Walkers in spawn waves starting at level 30/31.
- If there is a video of the map, please take note of the Survivor Levels/Gear/Pink Stars/Badges and if there were any Class Bonus’ used during the video as that will impact how easily a map can be beaten. Use most videos as guides and examples…not as exact walkthroughs..
Info Card Notes:
- Please see the bottom of this page for an explanation of the Info Cards used for each map. I hope they are useful.
- The spawning Walkers in K1/L1 will only spawn when the door is closed.
- Try to get a strong survivor charged up (Shooter for me) to deal with the Tank on the left side of the door.
- I usually use multiple Assaults on this map, and often Sasha. If I use Sasha, I will move her to space B1 and my other two Assaults to B2/C2 as they can take more hits without going into a struggle. Hopefully you can get one Assault charged up and then the map is pretty easy…unless there’s a Tank on the map, then that can make the map last a few more turns.
- This is one of the more difficult maps in this challenge.
- Work towards the exit while opening crates and using spawn blocks.
- Sasha/Assault/Ranged (I use a second Assault or Shooter) can be helpful to try to stun the large groups of Walkers you will encounter, as well as dealing with the Tank that starts on the map.
- If you need to open the last two crates, know that you can open them from the Exit spaces.
- Try to have a charged Assault or strong survivor (Scout/Shooter) available when you open the middle crate to deal with the Armored Walker that spawns. This is a solid map to use Melee on.
- I usually use multiple Assaults on this map with Sasha. If I use Sasha, I will move my two Assaults to B2/B3 to protect Sasha as they can take more hits without going into a struggle. Hopefully you can get one Assault charged up and then the map is pretty easy…unless there’s a Tank on the map, then that can make the map last a few more turns.
- I like 2x Assaults with Sasha on this map, and often 3x Assaults with Abe as leader. Get as many Assaults charged up as possible to stun the spawn wave which is basically EVERYWHERE!!!
- Opening the crate on A6 will allow that same survivor to run and open the crate on G5, and then work backwards from there.
- Get to the corners when spawn waves come (A1/B6/G4/G6).
- Any team combination is in play for me here: I can use Ranged or Melee (mainly Scouts with Threat Reduction or Michonne as leader).
Info Card Notes:
- The “Basic Grid” is pretty simple, and only has two colors.
- Black: a space that can’t be occupied by our Survivors
- Grey: a space that can be occupied by our Survivors
- Green: an “object” like a crate or box to be opened
- Orange: a space that an object can be opened from
- Blue: an exit space
This page was last updated on: 3/23/2018