I will post any videos I can find of people beating levels on high levels. Keep in mind that Walkers/Raiders can spawn in different spots, so you may not experience the same gameplay as the videos show.
Below that, you will find my breakdowns of how I played the maps, but please note that NG will change maps a bit, so these strategies may not work, and they may not have been the best strategies anyways!!!
The Suburbs is currently the challenge where you can earn the most stars. Any map that has Raiders/Saviors has the potential to pit the Walkers against the Raiders, thus allowing you a better chance of success.
(Terminates) – Note: this was recorded when Hunters had 50% damage increase.
(Terminates) – note that this was recorded when Hunters had a 50% damage increase.
(Terminates) – Note: this was recorded when Hunters did 50% more damage.
- These probably aren’t that great….LOL
- This map contains 3 Raiders (one Hunter/Shooter/Bruiser each), and some Walkers. If you choose “End Turn” on your first turn, you can get the Raiders to engage the Walkers, then start going after the Raiders on your 2nd turn.
- This map features 4 Raiders (2x Ranged Weapons, 2x Melees). You will need to get open the picket fence to open the crates, then escape to the exit. Here’s my strategy.First,
- First, try to take out the Hunter while staying out of range of the Tank Walkers. I used my Hunter (Cleetus) and Shooter (Beardo – with Gold High Powered Trait) and easily took him out.
- Next, I try to take out the Shooter in the upper left part of the map. You can probably wait a turn to try this, but if you have the range, take him out early so he can’t shoot you. After finishing the Shooter off with my Shooter, I used my Assault to kill what I could. Unfortunately, I advanced a bit too far with Cleetus, and he was put at risk since I couldn’t kill all the walkers with my Assault.
- After killing the two ranged weapons Saviors, the rest of the mission is pretty standard. Finish off the dangerous Walkers before opening the fence, collect the crates, and move out. When the Walkers spawn, they will spawn from all 4 corners of the map, so be aware and keep your Survivors close to each other for protection.
- This map requires you to kill all the enemies. There are 3 Raiders (2 melee, 1 Hunter).
- This is an easier map IMO. I use an all ranged weapons team. My first move is to use 1 action point on all 3 Survivors and go to the bottom of the screen. This lets the Raiders and Walkers fight it out a turn.
- The goal of the 2nd turn is to take out the Hunter. With a Hunter of your own, you can usually do a lot of damage, especially with Large Caliber Trait on your Weapon. In this scenario, I was able to kill all 3 Raiders on the 2nd turn; I hit all 3 Raiders with my Hunter, killing the Scout. I finished off the Hunter with my shooter on the 2nd move, and finished the Bruiser on the 3rd move. It’s okay if you can’t kill them all on the 2nd turn; killing one (focus on the Hunter if you can) will keep the Raiders’ attention on the Walkers.
- After you’ve cleared out the Raiders and Walkers, you will need to clear the path so the car can be pushed to close things off and complete the mission. I use my Assault to clear the path, but this can be done with two Hunters/Shooters or a combination. Using a Warrior/Scout/Bruiser won’t allow you to clear the path since your character will be in the way of the car (unless you use a Warrior with charge abilities, and move out of the way after killing the Walkers).
- This map is very farmable for stars, but I won’t break it down since NG will probably be adjusting this map since it was infinitely beatable the first time around.
- This map has 3 Raiders on the right side of the map. Only 1 of these Raiders will be visible when you first start. Stepping forward one grid will expose the Hunter. Try killing the Hunter first, while staying out of the reach of the Walkers, and the Raider next to the Hunter. In the pictures below, you won’t see the Hunter that is killed by the first two Survivor moves, but you can see the danger of getting too close, as my Survivor is stunned by the Bruiser Savior.